Monday, January 29, 2007

and more boys!!

Once we got up to the room we all changed into our pajamas, turned the heat up to 90*, turned the shower on so we could steam it up, closed the door to the living area and left the door to the bedroom partially open so we could get some of the warmth from the shower. We turned on the T.V., called my dad, and Lyndsi got on the laptop.

Jenn was lying on the queen-size bed, and all of a sudden got up and went to the King. “Kristy! Get your camera!” She started jumping and I took pictures. That means the camera was out the rest of the night.

My dad kept texting for about an hour (he wanted pictures of the room and us being goofy text to him), and then we all went to bed (It was about 1:30). We turned on Sex & The City and the three of us huddled together in the King bed. Jenn called the middle. It’s how we always slept when we slept together. Me on the right, Jenn in the middle, and Lyndsi on the left. I think I fell asleep first, which is good. I was so grateful to be with those girls then and there. I fell asleep with tears in my eyes, but I was better than I had been. I was with the two girls who would never leave me and who would always be care more than any stupid boy ever would.

The next morning it seemed like only Jenn and I were in a good mood. We headed off for the continental breakfast, and didn’t eat. Jenn had a plate-full of food, but she seemed to be the only hungry one. I hadn’t been hungry since the break-up. My diet consisted of what I forced down my throat, and that wasn’t very much. Lyndsi normally didn’t eat breakfast, and she was still in a bad mood because of Jennie. Not going to lie, it brought Jenn and I down (to a point…they were supposed to be cheering me up, not bringing me down!), but it didn’t stop us from having fun.

After breakfast we walked to the check-in counter and asked what there was to do around this time of year. See, Mackinac Island is a big tourist city. And to give you an idea, in the summer you can walk around Mackinac Crossings and go shopping for hours, take a ferry over to Mackinac Island and spend the whole day there riding horses, shopping, riding your bike around the island. Go to the cemeteries, the British Landing, Devils Kitchen, Arch Rock, and more. In the winter, though? Well, the employees at the hotel said that the movie theater was still open.

So, out came the digital camera once again. We made a video of the hotel room that was based on the T.V. show ‘Cribs’. Jenn made a perfect pretend celebrity. It was only natural to make a quirky movie on my camera…we always do. Lyndsi was shown as one of the ‘guests’ in the house. She was on her laptop (in a gloomy mood, of course). She gave us a dirty look when we turned the camera on her, so Jenn took to jumping on the bed again. She also showed the view from our awesome window (it was of the parking lot), the toilet, the ‘hand carved’ banisters on the bed, the empty fridge, and everything that was made ‘especially for her’. After that we decided to pack up and check out. We were going to go over the bridge and then head home.

Jenn begged to drive over the bridge first, so we let her. She had this crazy notion that she wanted a picture of her driving over the bridge, with one of the tiers in the background. So, Lyndsi got out the camera and took a picture. Oh, not just any picture, though. Jenn actually turned AROUND for it!! Let me tell you, I’m always nervous when I drive over the bridge, but have a teenage girl, who’s never driven over the bridge before, turn around for a picture, and then for it not to turn out too well, and have to take ANOTHER picture?! Let’s just say I was freaking out. But, I turned around for a picture with her anyways. We paid the fare for the bridge, and as soon as we were into the Upper Peninsula, I wanted to be back on the other side. My ex was headed for his cabin that day, which is in the U.P., and it just reminded me of him way too much. I started to tear up, as we headed for Escanaba. Of course, we didn’t have enough time (or gas) to get there, so we stopped at the scenic overview and took a few pictures. Lyns still wasn’t happy, and I was basically almost balling (although I faked happy pretty well. I didn’t want Jenn to get down, too, and I knew if she found out I was upset, her mood would just be shot). So, we got back in the car and headed home.

I drove back over the bridge, and we were off. The highway was busier than normal, but not too bad. We turned on the radio and started jamming. We passed a truck that had three guys in it after about a ½ hour. I noticed that the driver was pretty hot, and pointed it out to Jenn as we were passing them. Lyndsi was having fun with the camera, and looked up to agree with my statement. The guy in the middle was okay, too. So we passed them, thinking nothing of it. About fifteen minutes later, they passed us. Well, the three of us being girls got pretty excited when we noticed them coming up again. The guy in the passenger seat wasn’t cute at all…in fact, he reminded me of Paul but with blonder hair. I, being me, got very upset that they passed us, and got back over to pass them. Within ten minutes, our cars were right next to each other, and the three of us looked over at them and as we went to wave, they made a very inappropriate gesture with their fingers and their tongues. We cracked up, and pulled ahead. I swerved in front of them, cutting them off. Five minutes later, and exceeding the speed limit by quite a bit became overcome with excitement when I noticed them catching up again.

This time, when they passed us, we blew them kisses. They actually pretended to catch them, waved, and passed us. I remember going 90 down the expressway, and someone calling my phone. Jenn answered it, and got off it as quickly as possible. The traffic was getting bad now, but I couldn’t let them go. If they did, it meant they won the unofficial contest that I was having with them, and I would be very unhappy. They had gotten about a ½ mile in front of us, and I tried catching up but couldn’t. Five minutes later, though, the traffic cleared out and I floored my way up to them. Passing them, I cut their truck off. I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. It became especially hard when the blond held up his cell phone and motioned like he wanted to call us. I got very excited and told Lyndsi to find a piece of paper and a pen. They stayed even with us until I told Lyndsi my phone number ( we don’t haven numbers memorized…we have them on speed dial) and was able to hold the piece of paper up to the window. The blond put it in his phone, and tried calling us. After two tries, he shrugged and they sped off. That left the girls and I driving, completely confused. I looked at the piece of paper Lyndsi had written on, and she wrote one digit in my number down wrong. We laughed pretty hard, and then I had her write it down again.

The next time our vehicle went to pass them, all three of us looked over and all three of them smiled. Our jaws dropped to the ground and shrieks were heard as I sped the car up and passed them, making sure to put distance between us. All three of the guys were missing a significant amount of teeth.

“Well,” Lyndsi said, “I guess it’s good I wrote your number down wrong!” That will forever be the highlight of our Mackinac trip.

About an hour after the excitement with the guys, I was getting tired of driving so we got off at the next exit and switched drivers. I was in the passenger seat (on the way home), Jenn driving and Lyndsi in the back. We had the radio on, and I was moping. By this time Lyndsi was happy (like, freakishly happy- she was taking pictures of anything and everything. Need an example? try her feet!), but I was still holding back tears. Then, Tim McGraw by Taylor Swift came on, and I started balling. It basically told the story of my ex and I. Jenn went to go change it and I practically yelled no. I don’t know why I didn’t want it changed. It was making me almost choke on my tears, yet I wanted to listen to it. And by the end, I was smiling. It’s a very good song, and it was one of my favorites before we broke up. I remember that was before the boys, but on the way home…and I drove for two hours before we switched drivers, and I remember that we were still very far north. Odd, how we can remember the movements exactly, but the timing is irrelevant.

We arrived back in Swartz Creek around 2:00 pm. The girls dropped me off, gave me hugs, and went to Lyndsi’s house. That weekend was the best weekend I had for a long time. It brought us closer together, and bridged the distances that I had created with them. I love those girls. They mean the world to me, and they’re my sisters. I can’t wait for another adventure with them that’s even better than that one!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With each of these that I read I can just seem them being an episode of a television series about things that happened to you. You ready for "Kristy's Anatomy" ?