Sunday, January 28, 2007

Mackinac Trip

In a girls life, breakups make the top ten “worst feeling in the world” list. That’s when you need your friends and your family the most. With Jenn at Central, Lyndsi at SVSU, and I at State, they couldn’t exactly be the physical beings I needed or wanted them to be. When I went home that weekend, though, they were everything I needed and more.

I couldn’t fathom why they were at my house. For ten months I had basically ditched them, let them down. To put things simple, I put my guy before them and basically told them to fuck off. I was so grateful to these girls, I didn’t know(and I still don’t) know how to thank them. The three of us are sisters, and that’s why they were there. That’s why they’ll always be there.

Anyways, back to the fun part. With me balling my eyes out, the girls and I were headed up to Saginaw Valley State University to forget about everything, hang out, and get back to where we were. Jenn and I had bags packed for one night. I saw a sign for the Mackinac Bridge and wanted to go so bad. I hadn’t been in three years, and it was my favorite place in the world. I didn’t think the girls would go for it, but they did. After a “Screw SVSU, let’s go to Mackinac!”, a “sure, I don’t care”, we were headed to Mackinac.

We stopped at SVSU to get Lyndsi’s stuff, and so we could grab the other things we would need. In addition we grabbed her laptop(after searching for hotel prices). The cheapest one was fifty dollars, and we thought that was a good deal. So, with Lyndsi driving, none of our parent’s having a clue, a full tank of gas, and thirty dollars, we were off.

The car ride was fun, as our car rides usually are. We jammed to Lyndsi’s iPod (of course Jenn was in control of the songs) which is always necessary for a road trip. I called my dad and told him what was going on. He called us crazy, insane, silly, and many more things. He laughed like there was no tomorrow and asked us where we were going to stay. The answer? We had no idea. It was part of the experience. He, however, would not take that as an answer. He called twenty minutes later saying he had gotten us a room. Not just any room, but a suite with a King and Queen size bed, a kitchenette, and a living room area. When we found this out in the car, all of us were screaming and amazed that he pulled it off. What’s amazing, is all he asked for in return was a phone call once we got there.

About an hour & ½ into our drive, we passed a lifted Dodge pickup truck with two guys in the front. Lyndsi was driving, Jenn was in the passenger seat, and I was in the back. I had Lyndsi’s laptop and was writing on it, so the glow from the screen shown on my face. Jenn said something about the cute guys in the truck as we passed them, and I turned around. They were smiling, so I smiled and waved, too. They sped up a little bit, just so their window was on the same level as mine. I smiled broader, and then so did the cute guy with the cowboy hat. He waved back, and then got off the next exit. He was absolutely dreamy…and I really wish we could have followed him. I didn’t tell the girls that, though. I didn’t even tell them that for a ½ mile they were road-flirting with me. They have no idea, and when they read this, it’ll be the first they hear about it. Then, a little more than fifteen minutes later, we passed a cool old red car. I don’t know what style, don’t ask me. We left that alone in the ‘troy’ era. Anyways, There were two guys in that car, too. One had brown hair, and one had blond hair. The blond was definitely cute. Lyndsi raced them for a little bit, then her being nice and letting them win phase died out and she passed them.

No comments: