Thursday, September 13, 2007

Spartans--what is your profession??







For as much as Jenn and I don't speak, and don't keep in contact, I will always owe her for a statement she made to me my Freshman year of college. It was fall of 2006, and I was having a very rough time at MSU. A bad roomate, horrible classes, not many good friends, not many friends at all, actually, and bad cases of home-sickness played into me wanting to transfer schools. This was the topic of our phone convorsation one day. Transferring to Central and hanging out with all of hte amazing people I had met up there. Then, she said something that gave me the courage to stay at Michigan State University.
"State is your dream, babe. You can transfer up here to Central with me if you want, which I would love, but Michigan State is your dream school."

Was I really going to give up on what I had wanted since I was a little girl? After I had worked so hard to get into this school, pulled everything together last semester so I could stay here, was I really going to give up my reward for all my hard work? No, I wasn't. She was right. MSU was my dream, and I'm so stoked to be here today.

Now walking down Wilson Rd. on my way to the most boring class in the world, I stopped in the BioMed building for a Spartys mocha capp. I smile because I'm making this year so much better than last year. Good friends, good classes, parties and football games, this year has already trumped last year by far.
So, even though we don't talk anymore, and our lives are going seperate ways (like most people's do after high school), I just want her to know she gave me the strength to carry on at MSU. I'm having the time of my life, and I will forever remember her quote. I'm not saying she's soley responsible for me staying here, my parent's, boyfriend, and new friends I made were a deciding factor, too, but the quote helped a lot. So, I will forever be thankful to her for that. Thank you, Jennifer, I will be forever grateful. If it were not for that quote, reminding me of my dream, I wouldn't be having the time of my life today. Besides, after 300, who wants to be anything BUT a Spartan??

No comments: