Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm freaking Dr. Phil

him: she doesnt talk about anything important.
him: and thats what a relationship is for me.
him: someone to talk to, about anything and everything, but more so if its something thats important to either of us.
him: and nothing is ever important to her, and therefore nothing important to me is ever really that important.
him: so we just sort of talk about the weather.
me: which sucks.
me: because really, what you're looking for in a relationship is a best friend.
me: and best friends know basically everything about each other.
me: they're the one you run to when you need help,
me: when you need someone to be there for you,
me: when serious things occur, when you need advice.
me: but they're also there just to go shopping, or to watch a movie, goof around with.
me: ultimately, you're looking for them to be the person who knows you the best. the one who when you say you don't want to talk to anyone, knows when you need to talk, and when to back off.


Wow, between my Ben & Jerry's quote earlier (Ben and Jerry are my two favorite boys. They're perfect to hang out with on a laid-back Saturday night, always willing to hang out with your girls, and they're always there to pick you up when you've fallen from a heartbreak.)

No comments: