Sunday, April 8, 2007

Finally Got over that song of ours...

Finally got over that song of ours; stopped chasin' little red sports cars,
To check the license plates and I quit drivin' by your place.
Back makin' the rounds at our old haunts: Honky Tonks, restaurants.
And seein' some of our old friends: it feels good to dance again.
And I can finally smell your perfume and not look around the room for you.
And I can walk right by your picture in a frame and not feel a thing.

But when I hear your name,
I feel rain fallin' right out of the blue sky.
And it's the fifth of May, and I'm right there starin' in your eyes.
And nothin's changed, and we're still same.
And I get lost in the innocence of a first kiss,
And I'm hangin' on to every word rollin' off of your lips:
And that's all it takes, and I'm in that place,
Every time I hear your name.


~Keith Anderson knows exactly how to describe my feelings right now. Everytime I hear your name...the first verse and the chorus explain it all. I'm moving on with my life, and I can't wait for the next first kiss. There's a whole new firsts I'm ready for- and I can't wait. Listening to that song tonight made me realize, I can listen to You Save Me, I'm dealing with everyone who asks if I'm still dating you, and it doesn't hurt and I don't hesitate to say no anymore. I look back on the times we had, and realize that you helped me to be the person I am today, and not only that, you helped me make one of the best friendships I have now. I look at pictures, and smile. I talk about you with no tinge of sadness at all. I know I've thanked you before, but I'm doing it again. I remember all the times we had (the good and the bad), and realize I wouldn't trade them for the world. And I can't wait to screen all of your new girlfriends, tell you how you can do so much better but if you like them, then go for it. And I can only hope that you'll be completely honest with all of my upcoming boyfriends, too. Not going to lie, I'll always have a twinge of jealousy that those girls are with you, even though I don't want you, it's the whole I can have someone new but you can't. I'll deal with it, though, just like you'll have to. So, adios, and I can't wait for all of my firsts that are upcoming. And, I especially can't wait for the next summer fling. Because those, are the best.

No comments: