Monday, February 5, 2007

CATAtarded

One has to wonder, on a day like this, why in the hell did I choose this school? Why not someplace warm? As I walked the twenty minutes to my class, I damned the weather in Michigan. After my last class, I decided to take the bus home. Instead of waiting for the 33 to come around and transferring to the 31 at the union, I took the 30. It was the first bus that came by and I vaguely remember the stop by Brody having a 30 stop. Well, I was wrong, to say the most. So I was stuck on a bus not knowing where the hell I was going.

What choice did I have but to wait until I got back to the stop where I started. Luckily, once we pulled back into the Holden stop the 33 was waiting right there. I hurredly rushed off and onto it. But, of course, my life couldn't be that simple. I had to transfer at the CATA station onto another 33 bus. There were two others there, and I didn't know what one to catch. Of course, I had to pick the one that wasn't destined for the Union, but for Holden. To put it nicely, I'm CATAtarded and have no idea what I was doing. So, after an hour of riding the bus, I finally landed at Wonders, which was two buildings away from where I started out that morning. I just gave up and walked back to my dorm room.

At dinner that night, I was sitting with a few of my friends telling this story. As Erica pointed out, had I taken the 30, it would have turned into the Akers bus, which would eventually lead me to Brody. Or, as Phil pointed out, if I had I just waited at the Cata station for five minutes (indoors, mind you!) I could have caught the 31 back to Brody.

Yep. That settles it. I'm deffinitley CATAtarded.

No comments: