Thursday, April 10, 2008

Marked for Life

Millions of designs, all with different meanings. The choice to get a tattoo, or even what tattoo to get usually isn't a light one.
For me, however, it was a spontaneous one. A shopping trip turned ink injection left me marked...for life.

The idea that I once wanted a hibiscus flower with the words 'no worries' in Hawaiin written in script around it was quickly thrown out the window as a new idea, a heart with devil horns & a tail replaced it.

I had been talking about getting a tattoo for a long time and had it all planned out. I took all of the advice everyone gave, about knowing what I wanted, where I wanted it, what it meant. I knew to get something with meaning, something I wouldn't regret for the rest of my life. All I needed was the money, and to get over my needle phobia.

Even though my decision was a spontaneous one, and the design was quickly switched, it was for the better. Knowing I won't regret getting my simplistic yet meaningful heart, I'm ecstatic about the new addition to my body and the meaning my best friend and I have put behind it over the years. My decision wasn't a light one as it shouldn't have been. It's always a good idea to put research behind any tattoo. Here's a couple of websites that can help you further with that decision:

Where should I get my tattoo?

Tattoo Risk & Procautions

Should I get a tattoo?

No comments: