Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ego Boosts

Ego boosts. They make the world go 'round. They're everything from 'nice shoes' to being hit on in a bar. Everything is an ego boost, if you look at it the right way.
Everyone needs one now and again, too. They don't hurt you, only pick you up. That's what no-name-boy did for me. He gave me the biggest ego boost ever. Here I was, lost in life and looking like crap, and I had the best conversation with him ever. The kind that lasts all night and where you cover everything but nothing at the same time. I didn't know his name, his age, or anything too specific. I just knew that I was absolutely intrigued by him. I also knew I was never going to see him again, and I was perfectly fine with that.
I couldn't get him off of my mind for the rest of the drive, though. I had a smile plastered on my face that wasn't leaving anytime soon. I didn't mind hearing sappy love songs on the radio, and I couldn't forget his smile. 'Take it for what it is, sunshine.' I thought, 'It is what it is, was what it was, now move on.' It was just what I needed, though.
An ego boost.

1 comment:

Haddock said...

Simple yet truthful.
One of the best posts that I have read.
Simple things in life just come and go and the effect lingers on.